There’s no better way than by foot to get acquainted with any city! And Ottawa’s downtown is really compact. It’s easy to walk around in the Parliamentary core with only a few hills and stairs to climb up or down. The effort is worth it, you’ll get to see and learn a lot during a three-hour tour!
The following are our most popular tours:
- Easy Breezy – a great way to get acquainted with Parliament Hill & the nearby historic Byward Market
- History & Politics – from the fur trade to today, Canada’s unique journey from colony to self-government
- Architecture – the highlights of Ottawa’s built environment, before and after becoming the national capital
- Culture in Ottawa – the highlights of galleries and museums
- The Indigenous Story – Indigenous and aboriginal influences & art in today’s Ottawa
- Bank of Canada Currency Museum – a fun look at Canadian money
Customized tours – We are happy to provide a tour catering to your special interest, and that can be anything, from Canada’s military history to local microbreweries. Just tell us what you like to find out about and we’ll tell you what’s possible.
And we can easily fit your schedule, whether you want to do a tour early in the morning, even before breakfast, or take a tour in the late afternoon or early evening, after you’ve arrived and want to get oriented to Ottawa. Ottawa is a safe city and you can feel confident walking around downtown at any time of day or night.